Saturday, September 24, 2005

Peemachine does it again

Well, after almost two weeks of exemplary litter box usage, Benjy has done it again last night. We were all sitting or crawling on the couch, I was trying to share my attention between both of them, he move a step or two away from me and instead of lying down again just outside my reach he starts to pee. I got him before he could do too much harm and locked him in the bathroom for 10 minutes until he started to complain. Then I opened the door and waited until he stepped into the litter box to empty his bladder before I let him out.

Tried to wash out the blanket as good as I could, but they still could smell it, because whenever they went on the couch they started scratching. Not in a claw-sharpening way, but more of the It-Smells-Like-A-Loo-So-I-Have-To-Move-My-Feet-In-A-Scrabbling-Manner sort of way. So today I put the blanket in the washing-machine and drenched the couch in vinegar, hope it'll work.

Franky has managed to explore the computer desk. He tried until I got tired of shoving him down.

And I lured them into the bathtub. Was empty of course. But they were crawling along the rim until they fell in. Took them a while to figure out that they have to jump instead of climbing the white, slippery surface. But they managed.

Oh, and by the way: I listened to all the complainers who said you couldn't feed cats on dry food alone. Gave them another one of the cans yesterday. Today Frankys diarrhea is back. Great. And he already stepped right into it, of course AFTER I cleaned the entire floor.

No comments: