Sunday, September 04, 2005

Home improvements

Another day at home. No puddles, no heaps anywhere. But still I haven't seen Benjy in the litter box. Strange.

In the afternoon Britta came by, again a friend gifted with cat experience. She told me that her cat wouldn't go into the litter box if a cover was on, because she wanted to look around while doing her thing (I just assume it was a she-cat, no proof...). So I removed the cover from my litter box, placed Benjy in front of it and guess what? He jumped straight in. So I guess he was just afraid of the closed room before. Not really surprising, after having spent an eternity in the transport box, I guess.

Apart from that, no big issues today. We played, I got nothing done except for a bit of vacuuming, which scared the shit of of the little devils so they hid underneath my living room cupboard. Since I don't want them crawling around in places where I can't reach them (and where a lot of cabling from my audio equipment lies around), I decided to adjust the feet of that cupboard so that there is less space below it. Took me a while to fix all the feet, and when I was done I realized that it was obviously not enough, because they still crawled underneath it. Luckily it's a really close call for them and they can hardly move under there, so I guess when they grow bigger the problem will solve itself.

No comments: