Sunday, September 18, 2005

Nice quiet weekend

Spent a nice weekend at home. We finally collected all the paperwork for last years tax declaration and I didn't pee in any inapproriate places.

I started the second round off the worm treatment yesterday. Went quite well, they were trying to fight me off, but it seems I'm getting the hang of it. I also tried to weigh Franky and Benjy by placing them in a big bowl on the kitchen scale. They were both around 1200 grams, although Benjy wouldn't sit still, so the measurement might be a bit off there. He certainly looks heavier than Franky.

My cousin Jenny, her husband Fiaz and their kids were here Saturday. After the initial hideaway, both, even Benjy came out to play for a while. But they quite soon had enough and then always went somewhere where the least people were. Much to Nirmals, my cousins son, dismay.

By now they have fully included my couch in their playground. Probably because their new scratching post stands next to it. So they race and jump all over it when they are playing. Quite a sight. I don't mind with the old couch, but what do I do if I ever want to get a new one?

I listened to the advice in my cat owners manual and put up a second water bowl in the living room. Quite a success, I think they just doubled their daily water intake. Which verifies my theory that they don't do something out of free will, but more on a "Oh, look - water. Lets drink"-basis.

Tried to play soccer with their toy ball today. Kicked it from the kitchen in the general direction of the living room, but it hit a wall in between. I could make that out from the loud *THUD* before the ball rebounced back to me. And I think Franky was sitting quite close the balls trajectory. Could make that out from the shocked look on his face. Well, I just hope that the *THUD* sound really came from the wall...



Benjy found a nice new toy


Oh, and scratch that "nice and quiet" headline. It's race time now. Nowhere near quiet...

No comments: