Sunday, April 09, 2006

New exercise

This post is not about cats but about me. You may stop reading now if you're not interested.

I booked my summer vacation last Tuesday. 3 weeks and a few days (including travel time) in Peru, Bolivia and Chile. I was advised that this can be quite exhausting, what with all the walking in great heights and different climate and stuff, and a certain physical fitness is an excellent prerequisite for such a journey. So I figured I might as well start to work on that now, grabbed my bike and spent one and a half hour roaming the countryside. Which was, apart from being a bit exhausting in the end, quite some fun, and I ended up in the foresty area of the Wurmtal, where I followed some horse trails (riding seems to be popular there). And I suddenly realized that it can actually be fun to speed down some unsecured trails in the forest, although it's a bit difficult on my touring bike with not-so-broad-and-well-profiled tires. But that's all I have, don't own a mountain bike suitable for that kind of biking.

Yet.

No comments: